Keep your Property Running Smooth
SERVPRO of East Independence/Blue Springs has what it takes to restore a residential or commercial space after fire, water, mold, or smoke damage. Although we tend to focus on the interior of a space, we also know it is very important to pay attention to the exterior of your property.
With the colder seasons approaching and the possibility of snow, faulty areas in your home may allow for water to enter, leading to damage. Here are some things around the exterior of your home that should be checked regularly to keep your space running at its highest potential:
- Clean out your gutters so rain can easily flow through them and drain away from the roof. Gutters filled with leaves, sticks and other debris can become damaged or not work as well.
- Check that your gutter’s downspouts are properly attached to allow water to drain away from the home. A detached or broken spout can lead to water flooding outside.
- Make sure the sump pumps in your home are operational and have a working battery. An unexpected, failed sump pump may lead to a slew of future problems.
- Check that garden hoses are properly attached to prevent water from draining into piping.
- See if the caulking on your windows needs repair. A ripped seal in the window may allow water to enter the home.