Household Appliance Fires
Household appliances can often malfunction and lead to home or apartment fires. Appliances such as a washer and dryer, stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, or other cooking appliances, are used routinely for our convenience. However, using these items can have detrimental effects if used carelessly, left unattended or malfunctioned. SERVPRO of East Independence/Blue Springs can be there to restore a commercial or residential property following fire and smoke damage and is always Here to help. To prevent a possible fire due to a household appliance and protect your property, here are three things you can do.
- Never leave heated cookware on overnight such as crockpots. Use of these appliances should be supervised in case of a heating element or wiring malfunction.
- Never leave an appliance running while away. Coming home to clean dishes from the dishwasher may sound nice after being away, but electrical issues may stem from heating elements which can cause fire.
- Do not overload your washer or dryer, and always make sure to clean out the lint trap.